Thursday, August 09, 2007

Why high school does not provide any Finance class?

That is a very important question that I have been asking to myself for the longest time. Indeed, 90% of the population attends high school before following the path they want, and it aims to provide a general knowledge base to anyone to enter the active life.

As it is important to know about geography, science or others, I think there is an important class that miss: finance. Finance is something everbody will have to deal with in their life, weather you are working in business or a school teacher. Optimizing your finances, even if your goal is not to become rich, is fundamental to provide you security and reaching other goals. To get education, you will have to pay your school, if you want to travel you need money, if you ever have a health problem, you have to be sure you will be able to pay for your treatments.

The basics you need to know for your everyday life is to know how a credit work, what do you need to buy a home, how to keep a track of your expenses.

I estimate myself lucky to have this knowledge I got from my business school, but we are a few to own it compare to the number of people who needs it. I think it would be great because it could avoid thousands of people to get into bankruptcy.

No comments:

Post a Comment