Saturday, September 15, 2007

Nike doesn't listen to customers: Nike McFly's


It has been a while I wanted to post this article! I was reading Marty McFly's blog (french blog) while I read this story about Nike's McFly model. If you don't know about it, there was a movie in the mid 80s called back to the future 2, where the main character, Marty McFly went to the future. While he was there, he got some futuristic Nike shoes.

Some people, fans of the shoe, wanted so much the shoes to be released they created an official website of the McFly 2015. The aim was to get signature of people who would commit to buy the product if it existed. Unfortunately, Nike has never responded to the hype, that got 25 000 signatures by the way.

That is a great example about how customers can create a buzz and get together thanks to the Internet to create a group to influence a brand. However, Nike did not want to respond to its fans.

I remember about the story of Jar Jar, this Star Wars character, that deceived so much fanatics of the serie Lucas had to get rid of him for the rest of the serie. Customers, especially when they are motivated should be taken into consideration.

Keep fighting McFly's fan, the Web 2.0 has faith in you!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:12 PM

    You guys should checkout the shoes that came out from Nike with Ipod applications. Nike and Apple coming together is a perfect combination and if this can motivate a healthier lifestyle than more power to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:30 AM

    Nice dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:04 AM

    Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

    ReplyDelete