- Mobile formats are very different, upon the operating system the device use (Blackberry, Windows Pocket, Symbian, Android, among others)
- The size and type of the screen
- The way to see the information (application, website, mobile site, and so on).
- The navigation system: keyboard, ball like Blackberry, tactile technology...
- The numerous number of actors willing to benefit from the new market, between agencies, advertisers, mobile network companies and so on.
But this year, it seems it will be good. The New York Times believes that the growth of Apple and Google, with its power to create applications and innovation in the market, will give a boost to a minor industry.
Now one of the reason it remains difficult to advertise on cell phones is the disruption risk. Cell phones are a very personnal device, and each advertising program could reach a threshold fast.
Also, I believe that the application ideas, enhancing customer experience and customer relationship management (CRM) potential is a great way to use it. Now, of course, editorial content like online news site and blogs could be leverage, by providing advertising at a specific format.
We can expect a lot of innovation within next months on this market. And I really believe it will be a great year for mobile advertising.