Monday, April 07, 2008

Microsoft working on a new OS to replace Vista for next year

I have always been skeptical about Windows Vista since the first day I saw it, and I was probably right. Bill Gates announced his staff will be working on a new OS for next year, whereas if should not have been released before 2010 ( I would even have said later than that). The project is called Windows 7.

Windows users did not really like Windows Vista. The sales of the new operating systems did not meet expectations, and Microsoft has been forced to keep proposing Computers running with Microsoft XP until 2010. One of the main problem was that Vista required a lot of power from the processor, and therefore was pretty slow, and totally awkward compared to the main trend which is web technologies.

If Microsoft wants to succeed, they need to turn their strategy up side down. Instead of building an OS requiring a top processor, they need to keep it simple and light. I think that Bill Gates has understood the reason why Vista is not working and I wish he'll release therefore a good new OS for Windows users.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment