I have worked in the marketing field for a btob company, PB Gelatin, in Davenport IA. It has been a very fun experience, because I was in a totally unknown market, and as an intern, I understood a lot about btob issues and how it was different from btocs. Therefore, having an appropriate strategy really matters.
According to this article, the 4 C’s of B2B Marketing are:
- Content – the creation of a steady stream of engaging content
- Connection – connecting with the audience you wish to attract
- Communication – communicating with them in an ongoing conversation
- Conversion – and then converting them at the illusive moment of need
Now what is interesting with these 4 Cs, it is that they are all a component of a community, and actually of the concept of web 2.0. Therefore, mastering the web 2.0 sphere could give you an incredible advantage upon competition.
This is the reason why I have always considered the Internet as one of the best tool you could use for your business to business activity, especially blogging. Because as you are blogging:
- You create content, that shows out your expertise, and also gives the will to engage the conversation
- By blogging, you set up a relationship with your audience, that may come back, comment your posts, and even contact you.