Creating an application that secures a high number of downloads, but furthermore a high frequency of usage is key. But it is actually not the case of a lot of retailers' applications.
I found out thanks to French expert of US marketing Laurence Faguer about Walmart's application Savings Catcher.
The application is simple but crazily interesting for Walmart's customers:
- They scan their store receipt
- The application scan through local competition promotions and give a detailed comparison
- They provide the difference in coupons for a next visit
By doing so, Walmart is developping 3 important attributes creating loyalty in the retail business:
- It secures its image of the cheaper store
- It gets a clear database of how competitive they are compared to other retailers
- They get a good image for the loyal customers that are sure to make the right choice to have picked Walmart
Moreover it is very simple to use.
This application is for sure a child of big data. Soon to come in France?