Monday, July 11, 2011

Why I Go On With Blogging

I had a very interesting discussion with the other day with an influencial blogger in Paris, which has basically abandonned its blogging duty due to his lack of time. As a matter of fact, it has been over a year now that I have seen many very interesting bloggers turning down their number of posts, or basically giving up their pages.

I have recently changed my job position and I am now a category manager in a retail company. Due to my new position, I have not a lot of connexion now with customer relationship management nor marketing or web 2.0. Nevertheless, I still keep the interest, and I remain a fan of those topics (and as a lot of my peers aknowledge, an expert). I could have easilly give up my activities, especially as I have been very busy for several months, not blogging at all as I was preparing my wedding.

But I have decided that I was going to keep blogging. Why?



  • Because even though I am not Robert Scoble or Seth Godin, I still have an audience, people I know, some that I don't know at all, who find reliable information on it. I feel like I still have an "obligation" to feed them with new content.

  • I still love the topic I am discussing of, and this blog is the perfect way to clear up my mind, and at the same time, to build my ideas and thoughts. I like this fact.

  • Because even though a lot of the audience is now on Facebook, and that blogs are not the center of an online presence, it remains to me a great trend, and a great medium of expression.

Now it is hard to get back on track, as I had a fast pace before, posting 5 times a week. And I don't know if I'll be able to get back to that level, but I am sure that for the next 2 or 3 years, I will for sure go on with my blog.